The UniVol programme is a collaboration between VSA and Otago, Victoria, Massey and Auckland Universities. The UniVol programme has been operating for 12 years and aims to provide personal and professional development opportunities for selected candidates as well as contributing to existing VSA programmes and improving international development education in New Zealand.
As part of the UniVol programme you will work alongside a local counterpart for 10 months to share your knowledge and skills. All of our assignments are locally identified and are designed to support the local needs of our partner organisations. UniVols work in a variety of roles which include youth work, marketing & communications, administration, IT & computer training, hospitality & tourism, sports development, vet assistance and monitoring & evaluation.
Due to the wide range of assignments available on the UniVol Programme, VSA is open to considering applications from different academic disciplines and backgrounds.
If you’re adventurous at heart, a resilient problem solver and comfortable collaborating with a broad range of people, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are accepted on to the programme you’ll be offered a 10-month overseas placement with one of VSA’s partner organisations during the academic year, beginning in early 2020.
You will be eligible if you are
- a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- aged 30 years or under on July 31 2019
- enrolled in your final year of university studies (bachelor degree or higher) or have graduated in the last 12 months
Please note: partners or dependent children cannot accompany UniVols on assignment.
Update Key dates:
- Applications close: Monday 27 May 2019
- Video Interview for longlisted candidates: 31 May – 6 June 2019
- Selection interviews: 3 & 4 September 2019
- Pre-departure briefing: 02-05 October 2019 or 20-23 November 2019
- Departure: January/February 2020
Find out more:
To find out more download the 2020 UniVol brochure or see our FAQs
Email inquiries to email@example.com